Concept, Vision, Mission & Goal
Maharashtra Mandal London’s 85th birthday celebrations will kick-start biggest cultural and business celebrations in London in the form of ‘London Marathi Sammelan’ on 2nd, 3rd and 4th June 2017.
London Marathi Sammelan 2017 is a mega initiative to bring together Maharashtrians from across all boundaries. It aims to become a grand platform to celebrate global Maharashtrian successes and culture, thereby inspiring generations to come.
It is an event to bring people together, showcase our talent, generate enthusiasm, create happiness through art and enjoy and appreciate creativity.
To create a sustainable platform for entrepreneurship, art, culture and music.
To integrate all Marathis in the UK by celebrating their successes and rewarding their entrepreneurship in all walks of life.
Start a regular two year globally relevant initiative under the umbrella of London Marathi Sammelans.
MML has hosted rich, varied, complex and huge programmes, notably amongst them in the recent past are:
- MML’s 3-day 75th Anniversary Celebrations (2007)
- Organised UK wide Ekankika (play) & Elocution competitions
- 10-day Ganeshotsav celebrations (for last 26 years)
- Supported Jaanta Raja’s maiden show in Wembley Arena that involved logistics at huge scale
- MML in big events – Trafalgar Square & Wembley Stadium for Narendra Modi welcome
Friday 2nd June
- Address by CM to the key business people from the UK & India – Houses of Parliament
- Global Marathi Entrepreneur Summit – key notes & panel discussions
Saturday 3rd June
- Paper writing competition – Winners
- B2B Interaction – UK & India
- Felicitation of Global Marathi Entrepreneurs
Friday 2nd June
- Majestic Cruise on River Thames
Saturday 3rd June
- LMS Inauguration
- Music, Comedy, Play & Rock Band
- Interviews with celebrities & plenty of networking opportunities over a sumptuous breakfast, lunch & dinner
Sunday 4th June
- Inspirational talks
- Local artist performances
- Maharashtrian traditional dances, interviews & networking opportunities
- Dixie Queen Cruise: Enjoy a lavish and splendid evening on a luxurious cruise that promises a fantastic Marathi atmosphere. An evening to relish the breathtaking beauty of London whilst sipping a glass of champagne. An occasion to celebrate the global Marathi successes in style and fervour: A classy statement of your achievements and accomplishments. The evening promises Maharashtrian canapés, 3-course non-veg/veg meal, welcome drink and an open bar to buy your drink along with Marathi rock band, comedy and loads of entertainment throughout the four hours!
Saturday and Sunday
- Watford Colosseum: An iconic professional venue with 1300 seating capacity having fantastic acoustics and lights is chosen for hosting LMS 2017. It is used regularly by BBC’s philharmonic orchestra because its acoustics are the best in Europe. Multiple breakout rooms, bar, restaurant and foyer provide opportunity to network and showcase stalls of your products & services.
- Sri Devendra Fadanavis – Hon Chief Minister of Maharashtra
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Sayaji Shinde
- Ritesh Deshmukh
- Vikram Pandit
- Prashant Sawant
- Vishwas Nangre Patil
- Pratap Shirke
- Ravi Pandit
- Virendra Mhaiskar
- Achyut Godbole
- Dhananjay Datar
- Uday Nirgudkar
Advertisement and Sponsorship Avenues
- Please contact us for more information